Monday, April 7, 2014

Intercultural Communication

I chose the movie Crash. This movie is about a bunch of different stories that all tie together in one big one. This movie shows incidents that are racist, violent, and heartbreaking. It really opened my eyes to the way people talk to and treat each other in our own culture. Through intercultural communication we should communicate with other people of different cultures with respect to their culture. In this movie there is an Mexican man who has a family, he and his daughter are seen on this poster, and he is stereotyped as being a thief because of his race. Another family is from the Middle East and they are taken advantage of and stereotyped as well. This movie is a good harsh lesson that serves as a very loud wake-up call that we don;t even practice sufficient intercultural communication within our own country. I think this movie is a good lesson and I appreciate what I took from it.

3 comments:

  1. I rarely have time to watch movies, but Crash sounds good. I am always seeking self improvement techniques and never considered movie going to be one. Maybe I should rethink that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky I'm in your boat about rarely seeing movies! We may have to "assign" ourselves a movie to watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love movies that tie together! It shows how much effort went into the plot of the movie. I cant stand movies that are cheesy.

    ReplyDelete